Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Fairytale Flower Bag

knitted bag with crochet flower
knitted bag with crochet flowerHere's yet another bag I made from the leftover wool of my psychedelic jumper.

This bag started off as a scarf, knitted all in one piece and then crocheted together at the seams.

The flower is the first I've ever crocheted, so I learned something new. The long handle was also added later.

It's a dreamy, whimsical bag that reminds me of fairies and fairy tale princesses, hence I call it the fairytale bag. It goes rather nicely with the Whimsical Tarot deck - the images of the cards are all based on fairy tales.

My yarn stash is growing, so more bags will follow, but before that I need to knit two beanies in time for Christmas.

Toodles!


PS: If you want to learn to knit and crochet flowers, I can recommend this book:

100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet - It's fantastic!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...