Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

A Trip Down Memory Lane

1980s Tank Top
Dear Readers,

how the diddly-heck are you?

I won't be going into detail what I've been up to over the last 12 months, but needless to say, I'm still alive and happily knitting and hooking away in my spare time.

During a recent clear-out, I came across my first ever top I knitted when I was 17. That was 1981...eek!

Those were the days:

we were all scared of a nuclear war.

I listened to Madness, the Specials, Abba, Queen, John Lennon and Spandau Ballet.

In the cinema I watched Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Arc and James Bond - For Your Eyes Only.

Everyone was watching Dallas and Dynasty on TV.

Prince Charles and Lady Diana married in 1981, and Greece became a member of the EU (little did they know!)

And here is that first jumper I made; a blue, acrylic tank top with a seaside pattern. The palm trees and the "waves" were stitched on afterwards. The Gods only know how I managed to make it look this neat.

It was far too bulky at the time, and it's still too bulky for me today (thank the Gods!), but I remember that I wore it often in those days.

When I recently put this top on again after 30+ years of ignoring it, I remembered those days with fondness, and thought that I must revive this blog!

Watch out for more postings coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...