Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Medieval Corset Belt





I've always been interested in medieval style clothing and how it can be incorporated into 21st century fashion, so when I noticed this lovely crochet pattern in Debbie Stoller's book Happy Hooker, I just had to try it out. You can see the result on the pics, and I must say, I'm really pleased with it.

For this project I have chosen Sirdar's eco wool dk shade 203, which is 100% undyed virgin wool -very medieval I think :)

I'm now working on a medieval style corset top, which is based on this design. Once it's finished, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it!! Wish I was thin enough even to wear the belt...never mind the corset

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Silvia, thanks for dropping by! Well, a corset is suitable for all shapes and sizes, and a proper one will shape you up really well. I need a little "tucking in" around the waist, so hopefully the crochet corset will do the trick :)

    Still have to get that phone call sorted ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...