Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Going Wild in Town....

No, I didn't drink myself to oblivion, threw up and flashed my boobs to shocked bystanders on a chav night out (been brought up the European way, I get flamboozled quietly at home with a bottle of red whilst cooking dinner). Instead, I went to W H Smith and bought not just one but four Knitting & Crochet magazines after I couldn't decide, which one to choose - how decadent. And then I recently received my delivery of some lovely bargain Louisa Harding yarn, all very soft wool with cashmere.

The magazines are so inspiring; Let's Knit! magazine came with an additional crochet projects booklet, and I've already started trying out the lace scarf pattern with some leftover yarn. I will make this scarf in the gorgeous red yarn you can see on the yarn stash photo.

Crochet today! is a US magazine; it has some fantastic projects inside including a lovely turquoise sweater designed by Debbie Stoller and a Keepsake Lace Shawl. At the moment, I'm definitely hooked on crochet!

Issue 76 of Knitting is focusing on vintage style designs - fabulous 50s and 60s designs overhauled for the 21st century. Vintage and lace patterns feature in the other magazines, too.

Needless to say ideas are just buzzing in my head right now waiting to be turned into reality over coming weeks ahead.

Toodle-di-doo....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...